The single leg deadlift is another “go to” exercise at First Capital Gym. It is a great exercise for the hips, core, and legs. It’s also a great stabilizing exercise as well. Whether you’re a person just trying to get in shape, look good, or an athlete, the single leg deadlift should be in your program.
Some things you want to consider when performing the single leg deadlift:
- Your back should remain neutral throughout the exercise……no rounding of the lower back!
- You want to hinge back at the hips and not move forward
- Make sure the knee tracks the toes. You do not want your knee caving in
- Most of your weight is on your heel with your big toe gripping the floor
- Try to look 6-8 feet in front of you
Here are the first few progressions we like to use at First Capital Gym. If you have trouble performing these exercises with weight, we definitely recommend trying the first example on the video.
In the next couple of weeks, we’ll show you some trouble shooting tips if you have problems.
We are currently offering a 30 Day Jump Start Program for anyone needing guidance or direction in their fitness program. Click here to join now>> https://www.firstcapitalgym.com/90-day-beginner-program/