Did you know in terms of importance to our health, it comes in second only to oxygen.
In super, EXTREME cases, the human body can survive up to 6 weeks without food, but only one week at most without water.
While we know it’s important, the majority of us are not drinking our fair share. Especially over the summer when we’re spending more time outdoors. You’re likely more active, sweating more…making replenishing fluids that much more important
It is recommended that adults consume AT LEAST 64 ounces of water a day (or 8 glasses.)
Here Are Our Six Tips For Staying Properly Hydrated…
1. Your body loses fluid while you sleep, so start and end your day with a glass of water. First thing when you wake up. Before you do anything else. Drink a glass of water. Same thing prior to going to bed. (Just make sure you use the bathroom!)
2. Chug a glass BEFORE you are thirsty. Most likely if you wait long enough to become thirsty, it’s already too late. You’ve probably already lost up to two cups of your body water composition. TWO CUPS!
Keep a bottle of water with you at all times.
3. This is a no brainer, but DO NOT SUBSTITUTE WATER WITH ALCOHOL. Alcohol is a diuretic. Ever heard of “breaking the seal too early?” You know where I’m going with this. Increased alcohol…increased urination…loss of water.
4. While coffee and tea (herbal, not the sweet stuff you get at the Mc D drive-thru) do have a slight diuretic effect, they do still provide a decent amount of fluid. Just don’t make them your primary source of fluid.
5. Yes, you still need water when it’s cold outside. Maybe you don’t feel as thirsty as when it’s hot out, but you are still going to lose water through perspiration. You also lose fluids through exhaled air. When cold, dry air is inhaled, it is warmed and moistened in the lungs and exhaled as humid warm air. This process makes intense demands on the body's water supply.
Cold? Hot water with a fresh lemon is a great option!
Are You Someone 40+ Looking to Get In Shape, Stronger, and Feel Great?
Our Program Has Helped Hundreds Of People 40+ Get In The Best Shape Of Their Lives With 2-3 Workouts Per Week!
Amber seeks to empower women and young girls in strength and to inspire them to not be afraid to step into the gym. Amber finds great joy in helping clients move, perform, look, and feel better! She believes that your training at the gym should transfer over into making your everyday life better as a whole, both physically and mentally.